Monday, July 15, 2013

Derby!

Ok so I am behind on the blog and on my workout regime, but I have joined roller derby. It is probably the best thing I have done for myself in a while. I am definitely getting into shape, while learning lots of new skills, finding new muscles and meeting amazing new people.

If ever you have thought to yourself "I might be interested in derby", do it! If you are in lethbridge go to http://www.lethbridgerollerderby.ca/ and check it out. If you are in another area google to find what's going on in your area and try it out.

There is definitely a learning curve and I am slowly picking up skills. I took a nice outdoor spill during skate last week and fell on my backside (not recommended, that's why we wear knee pads) I jammed up my back a bit, but should be good to go for practice tomorrow. My goal is to bench mark and be able to play in the November invitational here in Lethbridge... maybe in an earlier scrimmage if I can find one and get myself benchmarked in time.

Look forward to more Derby updates coming :)

If you want to check out an informative derby blog from one of our local Derby Dames head here.

Oh and I promise some photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment